Sunday 15 September 2013

RWS Stars Chef Dinner Buffet (RWS Food Affair 2013)

Currently RWS is having a RWS Food Affair 2013 event from 14 to 22 September 2013.  This is similar to the Singapore restaurant week where the chef showcase their best dishes, just that this is limited to the few key restaurants in RWS.  For more details please go to RWS Food Affairs 2013 website (http://www.rwsentosa.com/rwsfoodaffair).  Note that I am in no way promoting this event nor am I invited to taste at the event, it is a personally fully paid dinner and I am just sharing my experience here.

This is the first time I visited the Starz Restaurant at Hard Rock Hotel Singapore and they happen to be having the RWS Stars Chef Dinner Buffet.  This buffet have some RWS chef signature dishes in additional to their usual buffet spread but it is also priced higher at S$75++.



This is the seafood spread (cold patter), they have oysters, baby lobster, clams and prawn.  The first serving of baby lobster I got wasn't good (in fact quite bad, it was very mashy, seems to have gone bad), I guess they have left it on the ice for too long and no one actually handle that.


The selection of sushi is quite decent for international buffet.


There is also quite a selection of Indian food like Dhal and Naan, this is just a portion of it, I think there are like 5-6 dishes.




Since this is a special buffet so I should try the special dishes.  From Feng Shui Inn they have the Crispy Live Prawn Marinated with Preserved Beancurd and Sauteed Beef Tenderloin in Supreme soy Sauce.  They do taste very good indeed.




Next is from Osia, the Salmon Trout texture is quite good, but I do not like the taste of the herbs and again it has been left there for far too long and no longer cold.  The Braised Pork Cheeks is very good, it really melts in your mouth however it is also very fatty as you can see from the picture.




Here we have the signature dishes from Forest Restaurant: Baked chicken chop with salt and ginger, Steam Egg Chawanmushi with Foie Gras.  The chicken is very taste and infused with the taste of ginger.  The Chawanmushi is also well balanced with the foei gras and yuzu sauce.


By this time I am too full to try the pasta and soup which is the signature dishes from Palio.


I decided to go for the desserts with my remaining stomach space.  From left in clockwise direction the tall glass is the Tropical Exotic Lemongrass Shooter, Green Tea Friandise Mango Compote, Tirimisu, Hazelnut Passion and Singapore Sling Pinacolada Supreme.

There are also some other dishes which I didn't photograph, there is a good selection of salad (Waldolf and raisin salad, smoked duck and lychee salad, prawns with pink graphfruit salad, Green papaya with sour mango salad, Cervela and Gruyere cheese salad), Mini Waygu Burger, Pork Ribs, Fruits, Ice Cream, Lollipop and cakes.

The signature dishes are all of quality and really worth a try, however I am really disappointed that some temperature sensitive food are just left there without anyone monitoring them and dispose them off after they are left too long.  Is it worth S$75++?  Well I guess probably not for me, I will probably visit the individual restaurants if I want to try their dishes.

If you would like to try this special RWS Stars Chef Dinner Buffet you have two more chances on 20 and 21 Sep.  If you miss this 2 dates you will have to visit the respective restaurant to try the signature dishes.

Level 2 Hard Rock Hotel
Resorts World Sentosa

Opening Hours: 12pm - 2.30pm (Mon-Fri)
                           6.30pm-10.30pm (Daily)

                           12pm-5pm (High-tea, Sat, Sun and Public Holiday)

No comments:

Post a Comment