Friday 8 July 2016

New York City (2 Days Trip)

This is part of my 1 week trip to USA (Washington DC and New York).  I was in New York to catch 2 broadway musical and my flight back to Singapore.


I arrived from Washington DC at New York Penn Station at about 2.30pm.  You can read about my Washington DC trip here.  I checked in to Westin Jersey City.  The room was spacious but abit dark.  The bathroom is quite dated unlike the Westin I stayed in the past.  However I find the location really inconvenient if you plan to visit Manhattan especially if you only have 2 days.  I moved to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square the next day.



By the time I settle in and get ready to head out, it is about 4.30pm.  I took a Metro to Broadway Lafeyette St Metro Station and shop at REI.  This is a good place to shop if you are interested in camping equipments, they also have quite a good range of travel accessories.

Next I walked to The Halal Guys on East 14th Street while taking in the sights of New York City (there isn't much to see en-route though).  The Halal Guys started off in a food truck and they became very popular and you can now find a permanent storefront though.  I didn't take photos here except for the food I ordered.  The portion is very huge and can easily fill 2 guys, so share if you do not want to overeat.


After dinner I headed over to Rockefeller Center and it is Christmas time, beautiful lightings and great atmosphere there.





Then on to Times Square and call it a day.


The next day I moved to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, the room is smaller than Westin Jersey City and it is a very busy hotel with a small lobby.  But the location is very good, near to all the broadway theatres.





After checking in, I took the metro to check out the Yankee Stadium and the Hard Rock Cafe there.



Then it is broadway time. I caught Les Miserables and Book of Mormon, I prefer Les Miserables which is very good, totally immersed throughout the show and Alfie Boe cast as Jean Valjean!






I head back to Singapore the next day.  I visited New York again in April where I visited the more touristy places, will update in a later post.

Locations
1) Westin Jersey City
2) REI
    303 Lafayette St, New York, NY 10012, United States
3) The Halal Guys
    East 14th Street, New York, NY 10003, United States
4) Rockefeller Tower
5) Time Square
6) Hilton Garden Inn Times Square New York
7) Imperial Theatre
8) Eugene O' Neil Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment