Sunday 22 December 2013

Taipei, Taiwan: Hello Kitty Gate, Silver Kris Lounge (Finale)

This is the last at Taipei no time to shop around so decided to head to the airport early using the Kuo Kuang Airport express at the Taipei Main Train Station.  The journey is about 50mins.


The check-in counter is still not open when I reached at 11:30am (my flight departs at 2:10pm), so no point going early as you cannot check-in and start shopping in the transit area.  Check-in starts at 11.40am.

After checking in I decided to check out the legendary gate C3 at Terminal 2.



Before I even reach gate C3, there are signs of the kitty;  A hello kitty nursing room.






The Sanrio shop just beside gate C3.













Gate C3 at Tao Yuan Airport Terminal 2, not much description required the pictures says it all.

Still have some time before departure so I headed to the Silver Kris Lounge.



 This lounge is shared by all PPS, business class and krisflyer members and it is quite crowded when I arrived with only 1-2 empty seats.


 The lounge with a view of the aircraft parked at the gate.








The food spread, although the range is not as wide as Singapore's but enough to fill me up and its time to head to the gate for my flight back home.


My ride home a A330, 9VSTO.


A look at what I had onboard. No satay on the return trip.  The first course is the appetiser, smoked tuna and marinated peppers with quinoa salad.  This is very good with makes up for the loss of the satay.


Main course, roasted lamb loin with eggplant puree, red capsicum zucchini and green olive jus.  The lamb is very tough, way over done.


Dessert, Haagen Dazs dulce de leche ice cream with fresh fruit salad.  Totally not SIA quality, this picture is taken the moment I got the ice cream and it has already melted.


Selection of cheese on the menu but I only took one of it, they serve it with walnuts and some grapes.


Some fruits.


The chocolate truffle is very good.


Ending off the meal with a cup of pu-er tea.

Taipei (Other parts):

Part 1: Taipei, Taiwan: Taoyuan Airport, Wu Fen Pu and Raohe Night Market (Part 1)
Part 2: Taipei, Taiwan: Ding Tai Feng, Ximending, Barbie Cafe, Shilin (Part 2)
Part 3: Taipei, Taiwan: Hot Spring, Bei Tou, Dan Shui, Yu Ren Ma Tou, Aranzi Cafe, Wu Lao Guo (Part 3)
Part 4: Taipei, Taiwan: Hello Kitty Cafe, Dian Shui Lou (Part 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment