Sunday 17 March 2013

Jing Hua Restaurant: Xiao Long Bao

This restaurant used to be called Qun Zhong Eating House and is famous for its Xiao Long Bao.  Just by typing Neil road xiao long bao in google Jing Hua Restaurant will turn up.  After visiting this place twice I found other dishes which I will return for more.


Small Meat Dumpling (小笼包) S$7.00, the skin is soft and lots of soup in the dumpling, how ever I find the taste a little on the light side.


Hot and Sour Soup (酸辣汤) S$3.00, this soup is like drug, the first spoon I first it normal but as I taste more of it I become addicted to it and soon the bowl is empty.  Its not very spicy just to my liking, highly recommended.


Chinese Pizza (三鲜盒子) S$9.00, I saw alot of people ordered this during my first visit so decided to give a try this time.  The skin is very crispy and the filling inside is just the right portion which gives a satisfying bite each time, highly recommended.


The filling is mainly meat and chives (韭菜), delicious!


Red Bean Pancake (豆沙锅饼) S$9.00, this is another dish which I must order.  The perfect chinese dessert, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside (the red bean paste).  The sweetness is also just right.


Osmanthus Flavour Rice Ball (桂花汤圆) S$3.00, basically the soup is made with osmanthus and the rice ball are filled with sesame, not bad but I prefer the rose flavour one.

I must say the above portions are abit too much for 2 person unless both are big eaters, 3 person will be about the right portion.  The total bill came to S$37 including chinese tea (S$1 each), towel (S$0.60 each) and peanut (S$1), which I find it to be reasonably priced.

Jing Hua Restaurant
21/23 Neil Road
Singapore 088814
Operating Hours:
Daily (except Wednesday) 11:30-15:00, 17:30-21:30

No comments:

Post a Comment